Repatriation flight from Cape Town to Switzerland – 3 April 2020
The Consulate General of Switzerland has announced that a repatriation flight is planned from Cape Town International Airport to Zurich, departing on 3 April 2020 at 19h30, local time.
Please check the website of the Consulate General of Cape Town for additional information.
A link is available on the site which will allow individuals to register for this flight. Registration must be done before Wednesday, 1 April, at 12h00 (noon) local time.
Please note: Individuals who have already contacted the General Consulate in Capetown or the Embassy in Pretoria earlier and voiced their wish to return, should register again, in order to ensure the completeness of personal information and uniformity of data.
Terms and conditions
- The flight is payable by the customer and normal market rates apply. Passengers will not have to pay upfront (before boarding the aircraft), an invoice will be sent to you later
- Customers who had a ticket for the Edelweiss flight of 31 March 2020 Cape Town – Zürich, now cancelled, will have to contact Edelweiss/the travel agent afterwards about the possibility of reimbursement
- The number of seats is limited: “first come, first serve” and prioritisation according to set rules apply
More information is available on the website.
- International travellers from high-risk countries who have entered the country since 9 March must be confined to a 14-day quarantine period in their hotels or other accommodation establishments (e.g. Airbnbs, lodges, bed and breakfasts, etc.)
- South African Tourism is requesting all establishments to keep a record and provide details of all guests on the Central Traveller Registry, including date of arrival, which areas they have visited, and date of departure from South Africa. This will help with tracing contacts and give a clearer country-view of where travellers are in the country at the moment.
We received communication from a few countries directed at their nationals in South Africa during lockdown: