NightsBridge Privacy & Personal Information Policy
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers, potential customers and customers or potential customers of our affiliates or partners (“you” and “your”).
2. Purpose of this policy
This policy disclaims the personal information and privacy issues that affect you and any potential customers. It describes the way we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you, your business or a natural person and can be used to identify any of the above (“personal information”).
3. Personal information:
- certain information collected on web page use;
- additional information accessed through your interactions with us; and
- optional information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically; and
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any blog, social media account, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
4. Acceptance of terms
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you visit our website or register for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not register for and use any of the services. You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
6. Collection information
6.1. Browser information
6.3 Tracking Tools
NightsBridge uses third party tracking tools in order to improve your customer experience.
6.4 Web beacons
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
6.5 Purpose for collection
We may use any service information and optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such service information or optional information. We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed;
- provide any services, which may be useful or beneficial to you; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
7.1 Sharing your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong, or third-party advertisers, affiliates or service provides so as to provide joint content or services like registration or for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law; and
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria).
If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
7.3 Law enforcement.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our service terms.
7.4 Marketing purposes
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
7.6 Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
8. Security of personal information
Generally we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to protect personal information and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
9. Retention of personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we determine is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our obligations. Unless explicitly directed otherwise, your access of our website or use of our services is deemed consent to retain records of the information outlined in this privacy and personal information policy.
10. Transfer of personal information outside South Africa
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
If you have any questions or concerns arising from this privacy & personal information policy or the way in which we handle personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org